DEVONthink 3.0 Public Beta 2
Four weeks ago we’ve released the first public beta of DEVONthink 3 with hundreds of new features and improvements. Today it’s being followed by the second public beta. With the helpful input from our intrepid testers it brings a wealth of additions, changes, and fixes.
It’s nearly impossible to summarize all the changes in a pleasant to read blog post. So here are some of the highlights:
- Hide groups to bring back some of the old View > as Three Panes feel
- Enable or disable live searching while you type
- Switch the Tags filter pane between a cloud and a list view
- Export and import smart groups and smart rules
- Duplicate PDFs before imprinting them
- Download bibliographic metadata with a new smart rule script
- Automate even better with new or updated placeholders, smart rule actions, and AppleScript commands
- Create annotation-free copies of PDFs
In addition we have addressed several issues with the Sorter and OCR when used with ScanSnap scanners, and made many modifications to polish the user interface. Beta 2 improves Asian languages support, accessibility, and dark mode support. And we have fixed many minor issues and a few crashes while improving performance and stability.
We recommend this free update to all users of DEVONthink 3.0 beta 1. Get it directly by using the app’s update function or from our Download page. You can find a complete list of all changes in the built-in help as well as in the PDF and ebook versions of the documentation.
Updates for the Take Control of DEVONthink and Arbeitsbuch DEVONthink ebooks are in the works and will become available in due course. In addition, the Take Control ebook will be free for all customers.
The public beta does not require a valid license key but to use email archiving and text recognition beyond the trial limits it needs to be properly licensed. After the public beta phase DEVONthink 3 will require a license key for one of the three available editions. If you purchased DEVONthink or DEVONnote 2 on or after February 1st, 2019, you’ll receive version 3 free of cost or discounted, depending on the purchased edition. Check your eligibility in your customer account.