How to Fully Uninstall DEVONthink
There are certain situations where you may need to fully uninstall DEVONthink. Maybe you are switching jobs and will be returning a company-issued computer. Or perhaps you are selling your current Mac and want to make sure you have cleaned off your DEVONthink installation. Whatever the reason, here is how to do a full uninstall of DEVONthink.
First quit DEVONthink. Then trash the following items, noting the
~ tilde in the paths listed below signifies your user account. In the Finder, select the Go menu while holding the Option key, then choose Library. This will put you in your user Library folder.
- The DEVONthink application from the /Applications folder.
- ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3 folder
Note: You may want to archive the global inbox (the database named Inbox.dtBase2) to a safe place first.Also, any custom templates you’ve created would be in the Templates.noindex folder. Save what you want from there as well.
- ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.devon-technologies.think3 folder
Archive any custom scripts in any of these subfolders, if desired.
- All scripts related to DEVONthink in ~/Library/Scripts/, including the Applications and Folder Action Scripts directories. And as previously mentioned, you can archive any custom scripts from these folders, if you need to.
- All scripts related to DEVONthink in ~/Library/PDF Services/
- The Inbox in the sidebar of your Finder windows.
When all that is done, reboot the machine.
Please note that this is a deep uninstallation and is only necessary in very specific instances. It should not be used as an early troubleshooting strategy if you are experiencing issues with DEVONthink. Contact our support team first as we’ll surely have better troubleshooting options to explore.
The original broom image is from Lucas van Oort.